One of the safest offshore outsourcing processing models is the project based model. Project based is a very favorable model for small and medium-sized investments, as for its fixed price.
This is widely used in such cases where the budget is fixed even before the project starts to remove hidden risks and unexpected costs.
Considering the fact that startups and small and medium-sized businesses are often financially constrained, this model helps them feel safe and ensure that they will not run out of budgets before having final products in hand.
Dedicated resource recruitment model. This offshore development model is based on the development team. Offshore developers are in charge for technology, architecture and development. A dedicated team is a unit that is responsible for one project at a time. This model is used for big production system or a group of products. Because these projects need a continuous development for a long time, a permanent team is required to address the issues. At the end of development phase, most developers can be released, except for some experts to maintain, monitor systems and improve in the future.
Time and materials
Time and materials is the model for small or flexible projects. It is mainly used when the total scope of work cannot be estimated. The nature of this type of project is unclear requirement and dedicated developers cannot be assigned. Workloads may change during the development phase. Time frames are preliminary define, but the term can be changed. In this model, expected applications are small or medium and don't require dedicated resources. Customers will be charged for the actual time and effort of software engineers during project implementation.
Right from the begining, SPLUS-SOFTWARE has applied the process to manage quality, progress, and information security for projects. SPLUS-SOFTWARE has developed and trained employees with processes and standards based on industry standards and best practices (ISO27001, CMMI-Level3, Agile, etc.).
All employees of SPLUS-SOFTWARE are trained in ISMS, and periodically take ISMS test every 6 months. For project management team, QA is trained in quality management processes and software development process based on CMMI-Level3 Splus built a set of indicators to measure the quality: Leakage, Timeliness, Customer satisfaction level (CSS), Rework.
SPLUS-SOFTWARE provides continuous quality improvement by perform quantitative analysis of Quality Metric.
Management is not just about requesting member to finish tasks ontime, it also involve in ensure project meet the predefined requirement. To do that, during development, project manager should create plans, resolves issues and perform progress tracking to ensure the project is finished as planed.
With more than 10 years of experience working with Japanese and European customers, we apply the following rules to project management:
- Split up large tasks into bite-sized tasks. Each task is assigned to 1 employee and the duration of the task is not over 3 days.
- Assign tasks based on employees' skill and strengths.
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings in order to identify potential risks and problems quickly and then resolve them thoroughly.
- A system of tools is available for managers to track the progress and the quality of the project.
- Quality Assurance (QA) team is constantly monitoring to ensure that the process of project is operating properly.
- Guarantee high quality standards of our projects which are kept to schedule at any cost.
In order to help customers, leaders tracking progress, quality daily, SPLUS-SOFTWARE use SPLUS-INSIGHT (based on Redmine) to manage project status and information. In the SPLUS-INSIGHT, we will see information visually displayed, which help clients easier to understand project status and issues so that clients can make accuracy decisions about projects.
Gitlab: Source code management.
Jenkins: Automated source code deployment system, saving time and cost of the project team.
Sonar: Source code quality system, detect coding convention errors, analyze the quality of source code.
SVN: Managing project documents, easily accessible via SPLUS-INSIGHT 2.1 (Redmine)
Slack: Communication platform which provide fast communication and are fully integrated with Splus' systems. Update on redmine will trigger notification via slack and email.
Gmail: Using GSuite's email system to manage and share documents quickly and securely.
Integrated management tools are used together ensures the fastest and most complete communication.
Quality management is the act of overseeing all activities and tasks needed to maintain a desired level of excellence. This includes the determination of a quality policy, creating and implementing quality planning and assurance, and quality control and quality improvement.
All projects in SPLUS-SOFTWARE follow the quality management process as below:
- PLAN: Build quality assurance (QA) strategy for each project: Process, testing strategy, defect prevention strategy, quality criteria , quality metric.
- DO: Implement the project based on the QA strategies.
- CHECK: Measure quality ojectives after each stage: Analyzing the quality metric and then set appropriate correspondences.
- ACTION: Take actions that can help improve the quality of the project.
We have built a secure working environment to give our customers peace of mind by applying ISMS Standard (ISO 27001: 2013)
- Mandatory security training for all new hires
- NDA is signed by all staff
- Dedicated security group
- Security prime in each project and group
- 24/7 security guards
- 24/7 power supply
- Magnetic ID card authentication
- 24/7 surveillance system
- Secured, separate subnet for each client
- VPN available between SPLUS-SOFTWARE and client Firewall with integrated IPS (Intrusion Protection System)
- Anti-virus software for all computers
- Virus screening of all incoming & outgoing emails
- All software is scanned for virus before delivery
- No storage media or cameras allowed
- File transfer outside the company is not permitted
- Firewall system and log checking
Backup & recovery
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the whole Company and Operational Continuity Plan (OCP) for each project
- Data backup plan for each project
- Backup tapes stored on and off site in secure and safe (water proof, fire proof) cabinets